Ministry of Science and Technology of China announces the 2017 China-Latin-American Young Scientist Exchange Program
To promote the long-term scientific and technological partnership between China and Latin American and Caribbean (LAC) countries, the Ministry of Science and Technology of China (MOST) decides to continue the “China-Latin America Young Scholars Exchange Program” for all institutes, universities and enterprises this year in LAC. Interested researchers are encouraged to submit applications.
Specific requirements are as follows:
- Job requirements
- Not classified
- Not diplomatic education;
- Scientific research positions with clear plans and responsibilities;
- The young scientists must work with Chinese research team;
- Working in China for 6 months or 12 months, and can be extended once when necessary
- Appropriate applicants
- Young scientists from Latin America and the Caribbean countries, with preferences to those countries with bilateral intergovernmental committees, subcommittees for the cooperation in science and technology (like Cuba, Mexico, Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Uruguay, Colombia, Ecuador, Costa Rica, etc.)
- Under the age of 45;
- With more than 5 years of scientific research experience, or a doctorate degree;
- Good at English or Chinese;
- Physical and mental healthy, and capable of conducting scientific research work;
- Commitment to full-time work in China during the grant period;
- Commitment to comply with relevant Chinese laws during China.
- Funding methods and standards
- MOST will provide 12, 500 yuan per person per month for young scientists included in the Program, to cover their housing subsidy, living allowance and various types of insurance in China. In principle, international travel expenses shall be excluded, to ensure the smooth implementation of the project. However, if buying international air tickets is indeed necessary for the awarded young scientists, the cost will be subtracted from their living allowance;
- The funds will be allocated to the Chinese institutions, which will host the awarded young scientist through the China Science and Technology Exchange Center. All the funds shall be only used for the work and living of the young Chinese scientists staying in China, and the host institution shall not deduct or accrue the management fees.
- Application and funding procedures
- Fill in the 2017 China-LAC Young Scientists Exchange Program Application Form and the recommendation form. The latter form must be stamped and signed by the sending institution of the applicant. Please send the two forms (pdf files) to email@example.com.
- The China Science and Technology Exchange Center (CSTEC) will review and select of the applications, and submits it to the International Cooperation Department (ICD) of the MOST for final decision, according to the emphasis of the intergovernmental cooperation in science and technology. For the awarded application, project to confirm the funding, CSTEC will inform the Chinese host institutions in written form, and sign the contract with them
- The host institution and group should sign a working agreement with the LAC young scientists, to clarify the responsibilities, obligations, and describe the proposed collaboration research programs.
- The host institution and group is responsible for assisting the LAC young scientists to handle all necessary paperwork required for visa applications, and help to arrange accommodations in China.
The deadline for the application is September 15, 2017. If there is anything unclear, please feel free to contact Dr. Wei Wang at firstname.lastname@example.org.